Seamos amigas.../ Be my friend...

Become a follower

Hello!
If you like what you see, why don't become a follower? If you have a blog, I will follow you too, please leave your blog's name as a comment. Let's inspire each other!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Christmas in July - Sparkle


One more entry for this week's challenge at Catch the bug, today: Make it sparkle! And today it's a first time for me... for long time I wanted to do a shaker-card but never tried it before... I hope to improve, but for a first time I think is quite ok...


I colored the image with Koh-i-noor acuarelable pencils and added some glitter. Then I cut the image, the acetate, the red cardstock with Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels two and with foami tape and more glitter I made the shaker part of the card... It was a lot of work as it was the first time doing it and I learned many things so I hope not to make the same mistakes in future as with this one, hehehe...


I used a snow dp (Oriental Trading), a Ginger's sentiment , red cardstock and nothing else as I want to be the shaker the protagonist of the card and for masculine cards we don´t need to add to many things!


I am happy that I was able to take the pictures and not have the reflex of the acetate on them :)


Challenges:
Catch the bug: make it sparkle
Creations by Gilly: use of acetate
EDITED: I WON THIS CHALLENGE! (Aug 4th, 2012)

 
Die cutting divas: Christmas in July
Cards for men: Christmas in July
Crazy challenge: Christmas in July
Crafter's cafe blog: Christmas in July
Creatalicious: Christmas in July
Jellypark: Christmas in July



10 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwh! Your little penguin is adorable! Great card, sweet image! Thanks for playing with us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wrap up project! so glad you have joined us this week!
    Thanks so much for helping to make our CIJ celebration a huge success at Catch the Bug!
    Thanks for using a Bugaboo Image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love all the "SNOW" with your penguin! Looks Fabulous! Great card layout too!

    Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug “Christmas in July" Celebration & Challenges with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you join us again today for a fantastic new challenge.
    Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job! Thank you for joining us on our design challenge this month!
    Naomi
    Creations by Gill M

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! That little penguin is adorable! I love all your sparkle! Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, that penguin is just adorable. Fab Christmas card. Thank you for sharing with us over at Jellypark Friends for our Christmas in July Challenge. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute!! Love all that sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made a lovely card here. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely christmas card, thanks for joining us at cards for men, dont forget to check our draw and good luck,
    hugs sandra - design team,
    p.s we are having a summer break but please be assured we will be back soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I really appreciate it!!!!

Gracias por usar tu tiempo para comentar. Lo aprecio mucho!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...