Seamos amigas.../ Be my friend...

Become a follower

Hello!
If you like what you see, why don't become a follower? If you have a blog, I will follow you too, please leave your blog's name as a comment. Let's inspire each other!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Christmas in July - Humor card


Last year I participated at the challenge at Catch the bug "Christmas in July" and it was really helpful to start with my Christmas cards, so this year I am planning to join again! This is my fourth entry for this week's challenge at Catch the bug.


I love this Santa, his expresion is so fun...!!! I think it fits perfect for today's challenge and will be great for some male friend. I colored the image with Koh-i-noor acuarelable pencils, then I put some glitter on the image, not to much... and placed it on a red mat.


I used some stars-red paper (Muresco) and I will tell you a secret, I was planning to use the other side of the paper and I didn´t realize until I finished the card about my mistake... when I finished I thought, the mat is almost invisible, why?, then I've got it... when I tried in the other side (which is white with red stars) it worked much better, but I was tired and didn't want to do it again ;(
(TIP: don´t craft to late at night as you may mistake and don´t want to re-do your job again!)


I also used a Christmas dark red ribbon ('Tis the season), some green circles (sizzix dies) and in each one I put a light green button with a knot made with embroidery thread.



Challenges:

Catch the bug: humor-funny projects
Heart 2 heart: sketch
EDITED (07/26):
I can´t play at this challenge because I don´t have any of their products, but the sketch is great.
Thanks for letting me use it.
The paper shelter: anything goes
The sisterhood of crafters: let´s hear it for the boys
Divas by design: anything goes
Ladybug crafts: Christmas in July
Crazy amigo: free theme
Dude time doodles: anything goes
Tuesday alchemy: buttons
Stamp n plus: anything goes
Crafter companion monthly: ho ho ho christmas


26 comments:

  1. Your card is just fab! Sometimes the "Happy Accidents" we have work so well! Thanks for playing in the Anything Goes Challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ribbon and the buttons make great accents. Thanks for posting to the Stamp N Plus challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card and fun, fun image! Love the ribbon you used and the fun way you used buttons! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Christmas card and an adorable image. Love the bits of glitter you added to Santa. So glad you joined us for the Anything Goes (for a dude) challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ardilla,
    Super tip and so true!!! Love the addition of buttons on your circles for our All About Circles challenge at Top Tip Tuesday. Thanks so much for joining us and remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Thanks for playing at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card and image. I love your advice about crafting late at night - LOL!!! Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles and sharing this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ardilla, this is super cute! I always do my best crafting late at night. Thanks for playing with us at Stamp'N Plus
    XO
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. I have been meaning to to start on my Christmas cards too, but I just can't seem to get motivated for it. Maybe it is the heat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun Christmas card! Love the buttons on the circles...such a cute embellie. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes Challenge at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Great fun card, I like the santa, Thanks for joining in with us at Dudetime Doodles this week, Good luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I guess I need to start those Christmas cards. lol! Thank you for playing along at H2H. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, great image...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous, love the colours and your design is beautiful. Thanks for joining in the fun over at Catch the Bug.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is super cute! Fun image and i love the ribbon you used!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!
    Lots of hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! Thanks for joining us in our Christmas In July Challenges! Good luck!


    :) Becky G CTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card with a super fun image. Thanks for sharing with us at Dude Time Doodles and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tu tarjeta esta preciosisisima...gracias por participar con nosotras en H2H Challenge esta semana. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun ribbon on your cute Christmas card. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too cute! Thanks for taking the H2H sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great masculine Christmas card. The paper works great and I had to chuckle about your tip. I know all too well what happens when crafting while too tired. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Sisterhood of Crafters in our "Let's hear it for the boys" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card and super idea to start your Christmas cards this early! Love the ribbon with the trees. Your friend will love it! Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lol I am glad to see that I am not the only one who is prepping for Christmas in July =))

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a fabulous card - your buttons are perfect and the glitter is a fabulous touch :) Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Let's Hear It For The Boys Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a fun card I love it

    Thank you for joining us over on the Crafters Companion Blog challenge this month

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for playing along at Heart 2 Heart however our rules specifically state you must use products from Close To My Heart. Your link will be removed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I really appreciate it!!!!

Gracias por usar tu tiempo para comentar. Lo aprecio mucho!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...