Seamos amigas.../ Be my friend...

Become a follower

Hello!
If you like what you see, why don't become a follower? If you have a blog, I will follow you too, please leave your blog's name as a comment. Let's inspire each other!

Monday, March 14, 2016

Spring Squirrel

Hello, dear friends and visitors!

Last week we had the visit of a little squirrel in our garden. It came so fast from the neighbour's garden and run up from tree to tree... Our dog saw the movement but didn't know what it was. I can tell you it was a great image in my mind, I will not forget it! The squirrel didn't have poppies but it was announcing spring, you don't see them before it :)

I would like to show you this new card I made and I would love if you can comment telling me your opinion:


I've got the image long ago, it was a freebie at A Day for Daisies, I colored it with acuarelable pencils. I cut it with a scallop oval die and I used some red cardstock and a die from the same set for the mat.


I used white cardstock and dots embossing folder for the background. I used more red cardstock for the mat. I love dry embossing, you can make a simple piece of cardstock to look awesome, it gives texture, adds dimension and a delicate background.


As embellishment I punched out a few butterflies from a magazine paper and then distressed them with a red ink pad, I glued them with double side fomi tape. I used pearls to give some sparkle and  add more dimension.


I am thinking, maybe instead of red, should I've used kraft cardstock?

Challenges:
A Day for Daisies: pearls/beads
Color your world: AG
Come and get it: easter/spring
Dragonfly dreams: die cut
Lil patch of crafty friends: AG
Corrosive: AG
A Gem of a challenge: Spring
QKR: add some sparkle
Simply papercraft: AG
Wags 'n whiskers: spring fun
As you like it: favorite kind of embossing and why
Cards in envy: butterflies

15 comments:

  1. Lovely sweet card, great image and love the design. we are lucky that we have a few squirrels that come everyday into our garden, they take the nuts and sit in my hanging baskets, they look so funny its as if they are on swing. Thank you so much for entering into our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friend and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your squirrel has such pretty poppies Such a sweet image and I LOve your design. Thank you so much for sharing him with us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card. Love the embossing and the butterflies with the pretty pearls. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and coloring! Love the butterflies! Thanks for joining our "sparkle" challenge at QKR Stampede!

    Brenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Love the book paper butterflies :-) Thanks for sharing with us at ADFD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the butterflies around the sweet little squirrel! Super cute! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun! The embossing and butterflies give it so much wonderful dimension. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love how you showcased this cute image - thanks for joining us at A Day for Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute, great job. Thanks for joining us this week for our Sparkle Challenge @ QKR Stampede, but I believe this is your fourth entry and we only allow three. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute :) Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams it is very much appreciated. Hugs, Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet and adorable, love the butterflies! Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the red and white with this squirrel, Ardilla. Thanks for playing with our pearls/beads challenge at A Day for Daisies! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waw this looks absolutely gorgeous! thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this cute squirrel on your card and the tiny butterflies! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I really appreciate it!!!!

Gracias por usar tu tiempo para comentar. Lo aprecio mucho!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...